Minister of Missions – Chris Chambers
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
The FBCT Missions Ministry exists to be His witnesses in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth! With multiple opportunities offered throughout the year for you to become involved in missions at the local, national and international levels, it’s our purpose to help the people of God “Do His Work,” together.
Collected At The Mission Wall
• TEAM – non-perishable food items needed: canned spaghetti, raviolis, pasta, canned vegetables, grits, dry cereal, oatmeal, peanut butter, jelly, granola bars
• “Christmas In July” – pick up an ornament off the tree at the Mission Wall for a child from the small town of Ft. Deposit Alabama and bring it back unwrapped by July29th.
• WMU School Supply Drive – for the children in Charleston, Mississippi, delivered during a Mission Trip on August 3rd & 4th. Please bring the following items: crayons, scissors, markers, colored pencils glue, rulers, folders, composition notebooks, construction paper, pens, erasers etc. If you are interested in going on this trip please contact Carol Miller @205-655-6099.
Opportunities To Serve
• Firehouse Shelter – Sunday, July 15 • 4:00pm – We need volunteers to serve so if you would like to sign up please contact the Mission Office at email@example.com or 228-1014.
• The Nest Medical Clinic – Tuesday, July 24 • 5:30pm – Providing healthcare and hygiene products to the underserved. Medical skills are helpful, but not required. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Changed Lives Christian Center – 2nd Sunday of each month – Preparing and serving a meal to the CLCC residents. Meals are covered for July and August, but we’re looking for groups to serve in September and October. For more info: email@example.com
• Positive Choices – We need volunteers to help our clients make a “positive choice” with their unplanned pregnancy. Call Jan at (205) 836-0550 (M-Th, 9am-4pm) for more information. Or come by the main center at 1120 Gadsden Highway, in the back. You will know if God is calling you…and we will train you!
• San Francisco – August – working with our church plants in the Bay area. Trip cost approximately $1,500. If you’re interested in going, contact the Missions Office at (205) 228-1014, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
July Facebook Challenge
This month’s focus ministries: Trussville Ecumenical Assistive Ministry (TEAM), providing non-perishable food and other helpful items to those in need in our community