First Baptist Church Trussville is a group of Christ followers with a passion to make God famous in our community, and around the world. Though we come from many backgrounds, we strive to live in unity so that God can accomplish His work through us.
We believe we exist to help people Commit to God, Know His Ways, and Do His Work because It’s All About Him. We invite you to join us and help accomplish this incredible purpose as we Commit, Know, and Do together.
Find out more about our ministries here!
Commit to God
We encourage those in our area of influence to commit themselves to Jesus Christ through accepting Him as their Lord and Savior (John 3:16, Acts 16:31). Each Christ follower is challenged to grow in that initial commitment and to demonstrate growth through Christlike attitudes and actions (Matthew 22:37-38).
Know His Ways
Commitment does not remain static: it requires growth. This growth comes through a greater knowledge of God, self, the body of Christ, and God’s calling on our lives. Knowing does not necessarily mean sitting in a chair and reading a book, but it does mean understanding more about God’s Word, the Bible (James 1:27). However, knowledge may also mean a deeper understanding of our own giftedness and how God wants to use us in the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 12). Knowing does involve an increasing knowledge of God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, who was sent to be our comforter and guide (John 14:26).
Do His Work
Doing good works does not save us, but they definitely confirm who we are in Christ (James 2:14-26; Ephesians 2:8,9). When we say “DO” we mean a number of things:
- Spread the Gospel. (Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 1:8)
- Minister. We are all ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not just the “full-time ministers” of the Church. (1 Peter 2:9,10; Philippians 2:13)
- Pray. We are told to pray all the time for each other. (Ephesian 6:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Matthew 6:9-13; James 1:6; Romans 10:1)
- Give. The work of God deserves support from the people. (Luke 6:38; 1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 2 Corinthians 9:6,7)
- Love. Owe no one anything, except to love one another. (Romans 13:8)
Because, It’s All About Him!
Everything we do should be done in a sense and attitude of worship. Psalm 8, 100; Deuteronomy 12:5-7; Philippians 2:9-11; James 4:8; Revelation 4:11
Our hope is that you’ll join us in our pursuit of God and our fulfillment of His purpose for us.
How can we help you?
- Have a decision you need to let us know about?
- Interested in joining First Baptist?
- Can we help in some other way?
Let us know by calling us at 205.655.2403, or by sending us a message using the Contact form below.