Commit To God. Know His Ways. Do His Work.
Because It’s All About Him!
That’s who we are, a community of faith seeking God, committed to the Bible, and loving Jesus together. And, we would love to invite you to visit our family. With age group ministries, worship, and service opportunities, we have something for every individual.
Worship With Us!
Worship Service Schedule
|Small Groups (Find a Small Group)
|Small Groups (Find a Small Group)
|Small Groups (Find a Small Group)
128 North Chalkville Road
Trussville, AL 35173
What To Expect
- Parking - Guest parking is located at our front entrance, to the left of the fountain. Parking attendants will greet you as you arrive.
- Attire - We want you to feel comfortable while you're with us. You'll see some wearing coats and dresses, while others wear jeans and a t-shirt.
- Childcare - Pointing your kids to Christ in a secure environment is of great importance to us. Middle and high school students attend services with their parents, while preschoolers and children 1st-3rd grades have optional worship experiences for their age and life stage.
- Beliefs - First Baptist Trussville exists to make the name of Jesus known, and to help people connect to God in a real way. Because of this we hold firm to the beliefs laid out in the Baptist Faith and Message. You can read more about that here.
- Small Groups - We have Small Groups for every age and stage of life. You can read more about our small groups here
- Office Hours - We're normally open 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:00am-2:00pm on Friday.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We believe the Bible tells the full story of God’s love for you. A story of redemption…a loving but holy God rescuing those He loves from destruction.
He lived a real life, died a real death, and rose from a real grave…a tomb…just like He predicted. Others also predicted His life, death and resurrection as well, some thousands of years before His birth. And He is alive today.
But most importantly, He has a real future for you, because He loves you. If life doesn’t make sense to you right now, you’re not alone. It’s because we live in a world affected by sin. Our sin separates us from God. The Bible tells us that God is holy, we are not, and because of this we are separated from Him and the life He wants for us.
But that’s where Jesus comes in. Scripture says He took our place so that we could be reconciled to God, our Heavenly Father. He died a death He didn’t deserve so that we could have an eternity in Heaven, after this life, that we don’t deserve. And almost as encouraging, His Word teaches about the abundant life He wants for us in the here and now. All because Jesus loves you.
Yes, Jesus died for you, Jesus loves you, and scripture reveals that He has a plan and place prepared for those who trust and follow Him.
You can have a new life by following Him today. Here’s how.
Admit to God that you are a sinner.
A person must admit to God that he or she is a sinner, be sorry for this sin, and turn away from sinning. Verses that support this step are:
- Romans 3:23 – …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Acts 3:19 – Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord…
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Believe that Jesus is God’s Son
…and that God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for sin. Verses about believing include:
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 14:6 – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
When talking with kids we sometimes call this making Jesus Christ “the boss of your life.” But to a Christ follower (or “Christian”), that’s exactly what He is.
- Romans 10:9-10, 13 – If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Right now, as best you know how, ask Him to save you.
Today you can settle this issue in your life. We’d love to hear from you and help you, and we ask that you contact us below to let us help you in your walk with Him. But this is between you and a real, living, holy but loving God. He is ready to give you a new life…a new start.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!
In your own way, pray. Tell Him you know you’re a sinner. Tell Him you believe He is who the Bible says He is, and confess Him as Savior and Lord of the world, and your life.
We want to help you. If you have any questions, please use the Contact form below to send a message to our team or you can give us a call at 205.655.2403.
Why do we Baptize?
We believe baptism plays an important role in commiting to God. After your decision to follow Christ, the next step is to follow Him through baptism. Just like a wedding ring doesn’t make you married, being baptized doesn’t make you a Christian. But, it is a holy symbol of one’s commitment to God…a statement to Him and to the world that you are His.
Baptism identifies the believer with the Godhead (Father, Son & Holy Spirit).
- Matthew 28:19 – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”
- John 10:28 – “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.”
Baptism identifies the believer with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
- Colossians 2:11-12 – In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him through your faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
- Romans 6:4 – We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
Baptism is an act of obedience for the believer.
- Acts 2:38, 41 – Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Those who accepted His message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- Baptism is a public testimony—the outward confession of an inward experience.
When do we Baptize at First Baptist?
We baptize (1.) the third Sunday of every month, (2.) upon special request, and (3.) occasionally en masse on what we call “Baptism Sundays,” where we have an informal time of baptism following morning services.
If you would like to be baptized, let us know by emailing or you can fill out the Baptism form and we will be in touch soon!
Starting Point is a perfect opportunity for anyone new to First Baptist or looking for a church home. Meet our Pastor and staff while getting a glimpse of the vision for our church. Dinner and childcare provided.
Traditionally, to join a church, you’d walk the aisle during the time of invitation in a worship service. You can still do so at First Baptist, as we encourage this time of the service to be a meaningful time where you respond in the way God is leading you. But that’s just one of three ways you can join.
If coming forward and being introduced in front of the church is too intimidating, simply contact us by using the Contact form below to send a message to our team and let us know you want to join. Or, you can call 205.655.2403. Someone will be in touch with you, and we’ll recognize you from your seat in the service you attend.
You can also join at Starting Point, a membership class that is offered periodically throughout the year. Here you’ll meet our Pastor and staff while getting a glimpse of the ministries and mission of our church. You don’t have to join after attending Starting Point, but many do. Watch for information on when our next Starting Point will be.
You may join our church in one of three ways:
By Profession of Faith/Baptism:
For persons who have been saved by accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and desire to obey Christ by being scripturally baptized by immersion.
By letter from another Baptist church:
For persons who are saved, have been baptized by immersion after salvation, and are members in good standing of another Baptist church which will transfer them by letter to FBCT (we will contact your current church and handle transfer of the letter).
By statement of faith:
For persons who are saved and have been baptized by immersion after salvation, but are not members of another Baptist church.
If you are ready to join, please use the Contact form below to send a message to our team or you can give us a call at 205.655.2403.
Commit Know Do
God loves you, has a purpose for your life, and wants you to experience Him in ways you’ve never imagined. At First Baptist Trussville, we believe these steps can be summarized this way:
Commit To God, Know His Ways, Do His Work…Because It’s All About Him!
Have you ever given your life to Christ, asking Him to be “the boss of your life?” Surrendering your life to Jesus as Lord and Savior is the first step in the journey with Him.
If asking Christ into your heart is agenda item #1, following Him in believer’s Baptism is #1a. Baptism doesn’t save you, but it is a symbol to the world that you are His, and He will honor this action in your life.
Are you in a small group? Studying God’s written Word, the Bible, brings us into a closer fellowship with Him. Doing so within a small group brings us into a closer Fellowship with other believers as well…something that’s critical to a healthy, active walk with God.
How are you using the gifts He has given you? Your talents, abilities, skills…things you’re good at? Finding a ministry in which to serve enables Him to use you in the ways He has gifted you. What do you enjoy? Very likely that’s exactly the way He wants to use you. Find an area of ministry you’re interested in, and contact that ministry leader, letting him or her know you want to serve.
Because It’s All About Him!
Living our lives with this understanding is a freeing thing. It’s no longer about what we want, but about what He wants in our lives…and in the lives of others as He brings them to this understanding through us.
I’ve done all this. Now what?
Is God leading you to take a more active role in ministry? Is He leading you to start a ministry to address a particular need? Is He stirring in you to take on a leadership role? After spending some time in prayer, asking Him to make clear what He wants you to do, let us know.