LOVE The Sick
Our ministry fills the gap that often exists for families that are receiving great medical care inside the walls of a hospital and the unique needs of oncology and hematology patients outside of those walls. Issues such as compromised immunity eliminate the ability to stay in communal living situations like a hotel. The extended length of treatment often creates great financial burdens on families who are required to remain in close proximity to the hospital. aTeam Ministries was created to fill those gaps that present unique challenges to families facing pediatric cancer.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
Opportunities to Serve
- Our main source of support is through weekly prayer through a list of children’s names that we pray for specifically as to their needs. You can join our aTeam Trussville Facebook Group, to get daily updates for prayer and other opportunities to minister. Last year 267 children were prayed for. “Pray for one another” James 5:16b.
- We also send a variety of cards, birthday, encouragement, even to parents and siblings who need encouragement as well. “Encourage one another and build each other up” I Thessalonians 5:11.
- We offer “Journeying through grief” pamphlets to currently 3 families who have lost their child because of cancer.
- 75 families have benefitted from the Home Away from Home program since 2011. aTeam has 2 apartments in Homewood for long distance families who need lodging for their children’s treatments. Our church now helps provide monthly meals to families.
- We recently contributed forty Boredom Buster Backpacks put on by our Missions department. We anticipate lots of smiling faces this Summer as they open their backpacks.
- Heart to heart banquet is their annual fundraiser which we have participated in. They pair up local artist with a child who has gone through pediatric cancer. The pictures are then auctioned off.
Sign Up To Serve
See what Missions opportunites are available and sign up to serve today!