Each month we feature a healthy recipe furnished by Jennifer Cole Conn.
BAKED SUMMER ZUCCHINI BOATS
• 4 medium zucchinis
• 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon avocado oil
• 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
• 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 cups marinara sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large rectangular baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then trim off the stem ends. Use a spoon to gently scoop out the flesh of the zucchinis. Place zucchini halves in the prepared baking pan, cut side up. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt & pepper over the zucchini
Heat the avocado oil in a large pan over medium/high heat and add the sausage. Cooke for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula. Add the onion and cook until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season the sausage and vegetable with salt & pepper to taste and pour the marinara sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer, cooking for about 5 minutes or so.
Spoon the meat mixture evenly into the zucchini shells and top with the shredded cheese.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley to serve!
• February 2021 - "Kale Yeah!" Salmon
• March 2021 - Orange Cucumber Infused Water
• April 2021 - Spring Strawberry Salad
• May 2021 -Balsamic Peach Chicken With Proscuitto
• June 2021 - Honey Glazed Veggie Sandwich
• July 2021 - Summer's Bounty Ratatouille
• August 2021 - Sheen Pan Fajitas
• October 2021 - Trussville Caviar and Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
• December 2021 - Hearty Sweet Potato, Arugula & Wild Rice Salad with Ginger Dressing
• January 2022 - Sweet Potato Curry with Lentils & Coconut Stew
• February 2022 - Seared Salmon & Kale Salad
• March 2022 - Plate 75 & Thrive
• April 2022 - Strawberry Avocado Salad
• May 2022 - Salad In A Jar
If you have any questions, please use the Contact form below to send a message to our team or give us a call at 205.228.1000.